Recipe: ABC Soup
ABC Soup, it’s named as such because the soup has vitamins A, B and C? Or is it because it’s easy to cook, as simple as A-B-C? 🙂
Prep and Cook Time (Serves 2)
Thaw: 2-3 hours to thaw frozen pork ribs. For best practice, thaw pork ribs in the fridge from morning.
Prep: 30 minutes to wash and cut ingredients.
Cook: 1 hour to boil the soup.
- 2 to 3 Potatoes, peeled and cut to chunks
- 2 Carrots, peeled and cut to chunks
- 1 Tomato, sliced to 6-8 wedges
- 1 yellow/red onion, peeled and cut to chunks
- 1 slice of ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped, add more if you like
- 2 stalks celery, sliced thinly (Optional)
- Blanch pork ribs in boiling water for about 5 minutes, then rinse with cold water, set aside.
- Place the blanched pork ribs and the other ingredients (except salt) into a pot.
- Pour water in to cover the ingredients with it.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer over low fire for another 40-50 mins.
- Season to taste with salt. For best results, keep warm in thermal pot for at least 2 hours before serving.
This ABC Soup recipe is inspired by this blog