Recipe: Chicken Claypot Rice
I have been using HappyCall pot to cook this Chicken Claypot Rice recipe for 2-3 years now. It’s a simple dish to cook, but there’s a bit of preparation work required.
Prep and Cook Time (Serves 2)
Thaw: 2-3 hours to thaw frozen chicken. For best practice, thaw meat in the fridge from morning.
Prep: 1-2 hours to prepare the marinade and ingredients.
Cook: 20 minutes to cook the dish.
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp of ginger juice (grate a knob of ginger and squeeze)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ tbsp corn flour
- 1.75 cups rice, washed and drained
- Xiao Bai Cai, wash and cut the ends
- Cut salted fish into small pieces
- Slice chinese sausage (腊肠, “la chang”, “lap cheong”).
- Cut mushroom into thick slices. If Chinese mushroom, soak before cutting.
- Cut 1 chicken thigh into bite-sized pieces for this dish,
- Marinate two* pieces of chicken & mushroom for at least 1 hour. Leave it in the fridge.
*For the other thigh, also prepare marinade for it and leave it to bake in oven.
- Fry the salted fish with a little oil in the pot.
- Once the fish turned brown, pour the washed rice into the pot with slightly less than 1.75 cups water, sprinkle chicken stock into the water.
- Close the lid and bring to boil over medium heat. Once it boils, lower the fire and cook till the stock is absorbed into the rice but still wet.
- Spread the marinated chicken, mushrooms, sliced sausage and salted fish (optional) over the rice.
- Pour in the remaining marinade all over the ingredients and towards the side of the pot.
- Close the lid and cook with low heat, until rice and chicken are cooked, which will take about 15 minutes. (Optional: Add in the Xiao Bai Cai after the 15 minutes.)
- Flake the rice, cover lid and cook for another 5 minutes and you’re done! (Optional: Sprinkle chopped spring onions, add some garlic oil.)
- Mix the pot and eat!