Recipe: Homemade Meatballs
I always thought preparing homemade meatballs belong to the league of experienced home cooks. But as it turned out, it’s a simple dish! A healthier choice as compared to processed meatballs. You can either eat them with rice or add them to porridge.
Prep and Cook Time (Serves 2)
Prep: 40 minutes to prepare ingredients.
Cook: 10 minutes to cook the dish.
Prepare and Marinate the Meatballs
- Marinate the minced meat (pork or beef) with sesame oil.
- For healthier choice: Add small bits of broccoli or chopped vegetables into the minced meat.
- Optional: Add pepper and salt into the marinade for seasoning.
- Roll the minced meat into small meatballs with your hands. You can scoop the portion out with a spoon.
- Let the marinated meatballs sit for about 30 mins.
Meatballs with rice:
- Cook the rice separately.
- Steam the meatballs for 5 to 10 minutes until they’re cooked through.
- Prepare the porridge with vegetable/chicken stock and extra ginger.
- Optional: Add pepper, sesame oil and salt for seasoning.
- Add in the marinated meatballs to boil together with porridge.
- Optional: Add spring onion for garnishing. And crack an egg just as the porridge is done.
Enjoy the juicy meatballs!