Easy Recipe: Crispy Fried Egg and Mushroom Roll Wrap
Nadiya’s Time to Eat on Netflix recommended this simple recipe. Is it that simple? Yeap! I modified the ingredient list a bit. That’s so I could use stuff I usually have in the kitchen and not get new ones.
So come, wrap it up!
Prep and Cook Time (Serves 1-2)*
*I share one roll with my toddler.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 3 Eggs^
- 1 clove of Garlic
- 1 Mushroom (any type)
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 Tortilla wrap
- Mozzarella Cheese bits
- 1 tbsp Cooking Oil
- Your preferred Toppings: Broccoli, bacon, ham, olives, etc. The latter three give the dish a lovely salty hit.
- Dried Herbs: Parsley, I used mixed herbs.
^ Nadiya recommends 3 eggs, but I find it too thick for the size of my pan/tortilla, so I used only 2 eggs.
- Beat the eggs.
- Chopped one clove of garlic.
- Add parsley/mixed herbs, and chopped garlic into the beaten eggs. Mix them up.
- Slice the mushroom.
- Dice your preferred toppings, if necessary. I chopped the broccoli into bits.
- Spread the tomato paste over the tortilla wrap. Sun dried tomato paste will be sweeter.
- Heat up the cooking oil till it’s hot.
- Pour the eggs in.
- When the egg is cooking around the edges, add in the sliced mushroom and your preferred toppings.
- Sprinkle cheese around the egg.
- Take the tortilla with tomato paste. Stick the tomato paste side on the top of the egg.
- Use your hands to gently turn the tortilla clockwise and glue it to the egg. Then leave it.
- After 30 seconds, flip it over. Leave it for a while and the other side will be crispy fried tortilla.
- Take it out and roll it. Cut into half.
- You can make a few more and keep them in the fridge to enjoy them the next day. 🙂
Recipe inspired by Nadiya’s Time to Eat (Netflix)